Tue, Mar 07|
Clark County Government Center
County Commission Meeting
Show up and speak up! Tell County commissioners to stop violating our constitutional protections, stop the unconstitutional short term rental regulations as declared by the Court, fix it, and re-start the licensing after.
Time & Location
Mar 07, 9:00 AM
Clark County Government Center, 500 S Grand Central Pkwy 6th Floor, Las Vegas, NV 89155, USA
About the Event
Hosts, operators, real estate agents, mortgage officers, and other allies are urged to show up to the next Clark County Commissioners Meeting to speak up!
The court recently ruled several parts of the short term rental regulation as "unconstitutionally vague and/or overbroad." There are still several parts of the County's ordinance which contain serval provisions which violate State law, State Constitution, and the US Constitution and despite this, the very públic offcials and legal employees of the County are refusing to fix the issues with the ordinance. They rather waste taxpayers money instead of working with us, like the judge suggested, to fix the various problematic issues with their short term rental ordinance.
We need you to show up and speak! Ask them:
- Why are they not working in good faith.
- Why are they and their legal advisors rubber stamping unconstitutional regulations on Las Vegas residents.
- Why are they not removing and refunding the fines and penalties that were just ruled unconstitutional by the Court
- Why are they allowing code enforcement officers to bully and harrass visitors to Las Vegas and Las Vegas property owners acting like law enforcement without respecting the law by trespassing into private properties, pushing their way into front doors, snooping around through windows, sneaking into gates, etc.
- Why are they violating the law by requiring citizens to "pay fines first to have an appeal" essentially treating citizens as guilty until proven innocent!
These and other questions need to be answered by the very people who work for us, them!
When: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9AM.
What: JOINT MEETING OF THE
CLARK COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
COMMISSION CHAMBERS, GOVERNMENT CENTER
500 SOUTH GRAND CENTRAL PARKWAY LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89106
Please prepare a speech that's is no more than 3 minutes long. Please do not use any profanity or derogatory language. You can be firm and assertive but not disrespectful.
This is the last chance we have to push them to stop the confusing, unorganized, and, most importantly, unlawful and unconstitutional licensing scheme.
- Please bring any screenshots of any online issues you have encountered while applying online.
- Bring any video of code enforcement footage showing their aggressive and unlawful tactics.
- Bring your proof to show you were not renting short term yet were still fined by code enforcement.