Tue, Aug 18|
Henderson City Hall
Henderson STR Moratorium
Henderson will consider placing a 90-day moratorium on STRs. This will be the last item on the Agenda. Submit your public opinions to Councilmembers. Message us to learn how.
Time & Location
Aug 18, 2020, 4:00 PM
Henderson City Hall, 240 S Water St, Henderson, NV 89015, USA
About the Event
READ CAREFULLY AND IN FULL
Henderson will consider placing a 90-day moratorium on STRs. This will be the last item on the Agenda. Let's get ready for this and what's coming after this date.
Read the 90-Day Moratorium Ordinance by clicking this link: 90-Day Moratorium
Concerns in the Ordinance:
- the City is claiming that it has "encountered certain issues that make enforcement of the program more difficult" and
- During the moratorium, the city will only renew "current short-term vacation rental properties that are currently properly registered and THAT DO NOT HAVE ANY DEFAULTS OR VIOLATIONS...subject to any changes in the regulations that may be implemented as a result of the moratorium"
- "current short-term vacation rental properties that are properly registered and THAT HAVE NO DEFAULTS OR VIOLATIONS of the Henderson Municipal Code as of the date of this Ordinance shall be permitted to renew their registrations during the moratorium...subject to each such renewal becoming subject to any new regulations adopted by the City Council."
If the City is admitting that its OWN rules and regulations they crafted and passed a year ago has made their own "enforcement of the program more difficult" then the City should not punish all those hosts/operators who have been trying to work under the rules that the City itself cliams have made "enforcement more difficult." Let's come together, try to fix the issues but let's also give all hosts/operators the chance to fix their own issues as well. Let's be fair to all.
What can you do?
- Submit your public opinions to Council members online here: https://clients.comcate.com/newrequest.php?id=90&dept=907
- Include Item Number: B39, Bill #3462
- Attend Council Meeting Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 4:00PM in person or online through WebEx using this link: https://bit.ly/Aug18WEBEX (password if needed 1234)
Using the WebEx link to join the live meeting will allow you to participate by speaking live to the Council. At the start of each designated public comment period, you must indicate that you wish to speak AND indicate the item number your comments are regarding. PLEASE INDICATE THE ITEM FOR WHICH YOU ARE SUBMITTING COMMENTS.
The Item number is: B-39 BILL NO. 3462 MORATORIUM ON APPLICATIONS FOR SHORT-TERM VACATION RENTALS
Let's unite and be vocal!